Saturday, August 28, 2010

An Early Birthday Gift to Myself

I have no idea what has gotten into me.  For years, my motto has been "if it takes longer to cook it than to eat it - what is the point?"  Cooking has been on my list of Things I Enjoy Least.  I'd rather clean up the aftermath than actually prepare the meal.

There is even a magnet on my refrigerator that says "WHERE THERE'S SMOKE THERE'S DINNER."  It was a gift from my dad, who knows me well!

However, here it is, a couple of days before my birthday and I just sat down with my old recipe box.  I got this recipe box as a wedding anniversary gift (26 years ago) and have collected recipes from all over the place. Family members, magazines, cookbooks, the internet.

After going through the note cards, I decided to make a list of the ingredients I'd need to make a few of these dishes. So... I am saying good-bye to "open can, microwave, serve" and hello to "chop, dice, saute, etc."

We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment