Monday, August 30, 2010

Quick Nanner Puddin'

My dad's favorite thing in the world is banana pudding. When I was younger I made it for him for every holiday and birthday.  Although I know that there are other family members who made it much better (i.e. from scratch),  he always told me mine was good. (Because he's my dad!)  Here is an easy, short-cut way to get that "homemade" flavor -

Ingredients:
1 box vanilla wafers (I use the generic brand and they are just fine)
3 bananas
2 large boxes Cook & Serve vanilla pudding
Milk (amount that is stated on pudding box)
large container Cool Whip

Prepare pudding per package directions. Layer wafers, bananas and pudding in casserole dish. When cooled, top with Cool Whip. For garnish, I sometimes crumble a couple of wafers into bits and spread over the Cool Whip.

The trick is to keep it away from my dad and nephew long enough for it to cool. They say they like it warm anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment