Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweet Potato Soufflé

The first time I had this dish was at an office potluck, back in the 80s. The lady who made it gave me the recipe. She said to use fresh sweet potatoes, but I use canned ones, just drained well.

Ingredients:
3 c. mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 c. margarine + 1/2 c. margarine (separated)
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1 c. chopped pecans

Mix together the sweet potatoes, 1/2 c. margarine, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Pour into casserole dish. Mix together brown sugar, flour, 1/2 c. margarine and pecans. Add this to the top of the sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes. 

I have made this dish for Thanksgiving dinner every year for the past ten years or so. It's easy enough for every day though, so I might make it tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment