Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Orange Sweet Rolls

Before getting too excited about having sweet rolls right away, please note that they have to be refrigerated overnight. They are worth the wait though.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 c. cream cheese frosting
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
24 frozen dinner rolls, defrosted
zest from one large orange 

Lightly grease and flour a fluted tube pan (I used a Bundt pan) and set aside. Melt butter with frosting and set aside. Place pudding mix on a sheet of wax paper. Cut rolls in half. Coat each half in the pudding mix and place in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with orange zest. Continue until all rolls are used. Sprinkle remaining mix and zest on rolls. Slowly pour butter/frosting combo over the rolls. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover the rolls and back 30 - 35 minutes until golden.

When I made these rolls, I thought orange zest was freshly squeezed orange juice. No really, I did. So that is what I used.  The rolls were good but not very orangey tasting. I googled "zest" so now I know what to do next time I make these!

No comments:

Post a Comment