Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunshine Cake

You know you're old when you make your own birthday cake!  Usually I just pick up one at Lowe's Foods - they have a marble cake with whipped cream icing that is to die for.  But I wanted to try this old recipe that I found in my box. And let me tell you... it was a hit!

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained well
1 c. sugar
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
Milk (amount listed on pudding box)
1 large container Cool Whip
1 c. chopped nuts

Cook cake according to directions on box for a 9x13 inch cake pan. Let cool completely. Put pineapple and sugar in saucepan. Cook 2-3 minutes; let cool. In mixing bowl, prepare pudding per package directions. When the cake and the pineapple mixture are both cool, spread the mixture on top of the cake. Then spread pudding over pineapple. Top with the Cool Whip and sprinkle nuts on top.

My daughter doesn't like nuts of any kind (except a couple of her friends) so I had to ensure she got a piece without them.  This cake doesn't keep in the refrigerator very long; it's better to try to eat it up quickly. (Not a problem at our house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment