Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Calico Beans

One of the guys at work brought this to a holiday potluck last year and it was SO good! I was not the only one who asked for the recipe. This can be stored in a crock pot and taken to events to be shared, as God intended.

Ingredients:
1 can pork and beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can northern beans
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion diced (I use real onion for this one)
3 T vinegar
1/2 c. ketchup
3/4 c. brown sugar

Brown meat and onion. Drain well. Add vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar and mix well. Add all beans and stir gently. Bake at 350° for one hour.

The last time I made this dish, I added a canned of seasoned, diced tomatoes. I didn't like it as well but my family did, so it was two against one. (Hence me adding the footnote here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment