Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Granny's Peach Cobbler

When I was growing up, I lived next door to my grandmother, a.k.a Granny.  She tried her best to teach me to cook but I was too interested in other things - climbing trees, going fishing, trying out make-up, mooning over boys. I really should have listened to her more. Oh well... Here is one of my childhood favorites.

Ingredients:
6 peaches, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
3/4 c. sugar plus another 3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter (when I use margarine it's never as good)
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. milk
2 t. baking powder
pinch of salt

Put diced peaches in a bowl and stir in 3/4 cup sugar. Separately, combine flour, the other 3/4 c. sugar, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir well. Melt butter in 9 x 13 casserole dish while oven is preheating at 350°. Add fruit and distribute evenly. Pour batter over fruit but do not stir. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. 

You can serve this warm if you want but your ice cream or Cool Whip will melt. I put them in the same bowl but don't let them touch. I am so 3rd grade that way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment