Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I found several versions of a "homemade" chicken pot pie and tweaked until I found what I liked best.  My mom used to buy the frozen version when I was a kid, but she likes this better too.  I try to make this dish for her if there is a special occasion or she is the guest of honor. No, it's not fancy, but it's her favorite and what she always asks for.

Ingredients:
2 deep dish crusts
1 c. chopped, diced cooked chicken
1 small can peas and carrots, drained
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of water

Mix together chicken, soups, and water first, then add the peas and carrots. Pour into one crust and invert the 2nd crust over the top one. Poke a couple of vents with a fork.  Bake at 350° until brown, about 45 minutes.

If you want to, you can add more veggies to the mixture, such as onions or celery. I don't like those so I leave them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment