Sunday, September 12, 2010

Easy Chicken Stroganoff

You will be seeing a lot of recipes that have Easy in the title. That is the only way I can succeed in the kitchen. I have heard folks say that cooking ain't rocket science, but it might as well be to me. I thought this recipe was going to be too hard (in spite of the title) but it wasn't. So if even I can do it... get out your casserole dish and let's go!

Ingredients:
2 T. vegetable oil
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 T. minced onion (or 1/2 diced real thing)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/c. c. plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 c. water
4 c. hot cooked medium egg noodles
Dash paprika

Heat 1 T. oil. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often. Set chicken aside. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil and cook onion until tender. Add soup, yogurt and water. Heat to a boil. Return chicken to pan and heat through. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with paprika to make it pretty.

This dish was a huge hit with my hubby! It warms up nicely too; was not dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment