Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nutty Buddy Pie

When I was a kid, my favorite treat in the world was a nutty buddy. I would hide while I ate one so that I could enjoy it in peace. This recipe below takes the concept of the nutty buddy and kicks it up several levels of awesome!

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker pie crust (or you can make your own if you like)
1 c. confectioners sugar
1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
8 oz. Cool Whip
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. milk
chocolate chips, melted (to taste)
chopped peanuts (to taste)

Blend sugar and peanut butter. Add cream cheese and milk, then fold in Cool Whip. Pour into crust and freeze for a couple of hours. Before serving drizzle with chocolate and peanuts.

The trick to this one is letting the darn thing FREEZE before trying to devour it. I cut one slice too early and it tasted like a melted nutty butty. The frozen concoction was divine. I need to learn to wait more.

No comments:

Post a Comment